How to Start & Setup A Self-Hosted ONLINE STORE in a Few Hours
Starting an online store may sound a bit intimidating until you realize just how simple the process actually is. Today, you no longer need to have prior technical knowledge to build one. You can absolutely be a beginner to create one. It only takes a bit of learning curve.
You see, running your own e-commerce site is an excellent way to make money from a website. It allows you to be your own boss, set your own hours and manage your own business. As long as you're willing to put in the effort to make it a success, the e-commerce site can be potentially profitable.
This step-by-step guide shows you how easy it is to start an online store and begin selling your products online.
Setting Up an Online Store on Your Own
Unlike a traditional brick-and-mortar retail shop, online stores are easier to set up. They also require far less of a financial investment and far far less time to create. Instead of spending thousands every month for overhead expenses, the e-commerce site requires a tiny fraction of those costs.
All it really takes is a computer and an Internet connection.
Essentials of a Self-Hosted Online Store
So... what do you absolutely need to open the online store?
Other than computer and Internet connection, there are a few basic things you'll need before you are open for business. Luckily, everything you need is available online. These include...
- Domain & Hosting- A Domain is a name or address of your website or online store such as www.youronlinestore.com. It allows visitors to easily find your online store. Domain names are registered for a fee and renew yearly. Cost can vary from $12 per year and up. Domain Name is free with Greengeeks when you register your hosting with them.
Web hosting is where your online store will be stored, hosted on and served from. It connects your website to the internet making it viewable online. Choosing the right hosting provider can mean the difference between success and failure. All our websites are hosted with Greengeeks. We have hundred of reasons why we chose this #1 Green Hosting Provider.
- E-Commerce Software - There are tons of options out there, but we will discuss the how to start an online store using WordPress and WooCommerce.
- Inventory and Products - We'll show you where to find products to sell if you don't produce them yourself and how to add them into your online store.
Starting an online store can be actually done in less than a day.
Think of it; you could be selling goods from your own e-commerce site before you go to bed tonight.
STEP 3: Install Woocommerce
Once you have already registered your Domain & Hosting and activated it. And once you have installed WordPress, it's time install Woocommerce, which is an e-commerce software to your store. These web-based applications can be viewed on almost any computer system and mobile device.
STEP 4: How to Find Products to Sell
Half the battle of starting a successful online store involves finding the right products to sell online. It is very important part of e-commerce. After all, no one can buy products from a store if it's empty. There are many ways you can do this, and most of them can be found online.
STEP 5: How to Add Products to Sell
Once you found something to sell, it's time to add them to your self-hosted Woocommerce Online Store to start selling to your customers. WooCommerce makes this part as easy as adding content regular content. In fact, a lot of the features are quite similar.
The good new is: adding products in WooCommerce is something anyone can do, even if you haven’t used WordPress & Woocommerce before. But you still might want a helping hand to create your first product, which is what this post is focused on.
>>> How to add a product to sell on Woocommerce
Starting Online Store Quick Links
- How to Setup and Create An ONLINE STORE with WordPress in a Few Hours In Just Easy Steps for Beginners
- How to Register Domain & Hosting [for Website, Blog, Online Store] on Greengeeks
- Installing WordPress on your Website, Blog or Online Store Using 1 Click Install
- How to Install Woocommerce for your Online Store
- Finding Products to Sell Online for your Store
- How to Add Products on your Online Store with Woocommerce
- Promoting & Marketing your Online Store