Two most essentials in creating a self-hosted Website, Blog and Online Store are Domain & Hosting.
- Domain Name. It is your address & name on the internet (www.YourSite.com);
- Web Hosting. It is a Service or Company-Provider that hosts your website and connects it to the internet.
STEPS TO REGISTER DOMAIN & HOSTING
How to Register Domain Name & Hosting with the #1 Green Hosting Company, Greengeeks. With Greengeeks, your Website is Faster, Cleaner & Safer while you enjoying a Better Experience in Hosting on its Platform.
Step#2. Register A Domain Name
On the next screen, you can register a new domain name or use an existing one. Once you make your selections, click the "continue" button on the bottom right. NOTE: When registering a new domain, try to use variations if the one you want is unavailable. Abbreviations or synonyms of words may be helpful.
Step#3. Fill Out the Form
On the next screen, fill out your account information. While you can register as a business, it's not necessary to start your hosting account.
Step#4. Select Your Hosting Package
Select your hosting plan package. This is done in monthly increments, however it saves you money by registering your site for an extended period.
Step#5. Enter Payment Information
Enter your payment information. You can use any Visa, Masetercard, Discover or American Express account to pay for hosting.
Step#6. Create Account & Get Started
Click the "Create Account & Get Started" button on the bottom.
Step#7. Secure Your Website with SSL
Securing your website with free (Let's Encrypt) SSL.
If you want to secure your customer information and improve the search engine optimization of the site, you will need a secure socket layer certificate. The SSL encrypts data and makes it safer for visitors to browse the website or use personal information to make a purchase, such as credit card numbers. You don't want to operate an online store without one.
It takes only seconds to a minute to add or install 'Let's Encrypt SSL' on your Wordpress Blog, Site or Online Store.
Antoher option is to speak with one of Greengeeks hosting specialists. They can help you get SSL enabled on your website. But its really easy to do it yourself following the SSL Installation Guide here!
Congratulations for registering on the cleanest hosting around. You have made a right decision.
You are now ready to create a Blog, Website or Online Store...
Starting Online Store Quick Links
- How to Setup and Create An ONLINE STORE with WordPress in a Few Hours In Just Easy Steps for Beginners
- How to Register Domain & Hosting [for Website, Blog, Online Store] on Greengeeks
- Installing WordPress on your Website, Blog or Online Store Using 1 Click Install
- How to Install Woocommerce for your Online Store
- Finding Products to Sell Online for your Store
- How to Add Products on your Online Store with Woocommerce