What is the Amazon Affiliate Program?
The Amazon Affiliate program is a referral program. It’s free for website owners and bloggers to become Amazon Associates. As affiliate, you promote, recommend or advertise products from Amazon.com on on your websites or blogs sites by embedding links on texts and banners that Amazon provide you. When your website visitors click those links and buy products from Amazon through your unique referral tracking links, you will earn a commission. Learn more on Quick Overview on Free Amazon Associate Program.
With millions of products and programs available on Amazon, associates use easy link-building tools to direct their audience to their recommendations, and earn from qualifying purchases and programs.
Steps on How to Become an Amazon Affiliate
- Create your Self-Hosted Website or Blog. Learn How to Start Creating your First Blog or Website in 10 Minutes
- Signup to the Program
- Build your Profile
- Wait for Approval
- Create Amazon Affiliate Links
Although Amazon Affiliate Program is one of the easiest programs in the world, there's prerequisites to start with. To become an Amazon Affiliate or Associate, you must have an active Website or Blog It’s also very helpful if you’ve pre-populated that site with good and quality content, so it appears active and authentic to both users and Amazon.
Don't freak out and don't worry, there are already ways nowadays to automate this process.
You will also need to be able to describe basic information about your website.
- Consider developing a blog that will target a well-defined, niche audience. You'll need to have a specific plan to attract followers before creating your website.
- Be prepared to describe what your website is about, what other advertising or affiliate listings you might have on your site, and what kind of audience your website is targeting. So, have a firm idea of why you’re creating your site, the audience you’ll target, and how you’ll bring in traffic.
After your blog is launched, your objective over the long term is to publish interesting content that appeals to your target audience. The majority of established Amazon affiliates create blogs about topics they enjoy, such as fashion, beauty, photography, cooking or camping, etc.
There are tons of niches you could choose, but it is best to pick for something that you genuinely interested with. To succeed as an Amazon affiliate, you will have to immerse yourself in this topic regularly.
A good thing about Amazon Associates is that, once your website is created, you can submit your affiliate application immediately. Simply build your blog on a platform like WordPress, develop a sound content strategy, then become an Amazon affiliate straightaway.
Step 2: Sign Up to the Program
Signing up for the Amazon Associates program is a straightforward process. To start with, simply :
- Visit Amazon.com website
- Look for the link at the Footer "Become an Affiliate'
- then click “Signup.” Button or Link
- Log in with an existing Amazon Account or create a new one.
After that you will be prompted to provide your account details, like your name, email address and home address.
Step 3: Build Your Profile
List the website or blog links where you intend to use affiliate URLs, banners or adverts. You must list at least one website or mobile app. The maximum number of websites or apps you can list is 50.
- Answer questions about traffic and content to complete your profile
- Wait for a phone call to verify your identity.
- Read and agree to the contract terms, then click “finish.”
- Continue to fill in the "Creating your Amazon Associate Account"
Step 4: Wait for Approval
Remember your Associates ID number and wait for approval.
- Write down your unique Associates ID number that Amazon generated for you once you’ve completed the application.
- Amazon will contact you within 1 to 3 business days to let you know whether your Associates or Affiliate application has been approved.
* Don’t lose your Associates ID number as you may need to verify your account with it occasionally.
Step 5: Create Affiliate Links
Once you’ve created your account and got approved, you’ll be sent an email link to your personal Associate homepage. This is where you’ll find your performance dashboard (including an earnings overview, monthly summary, and total clicks).
It’s also where you’ll search for relevant products to link to from your content. Here’s how Create an Amazon Affiliate Link
- Choose either “Quick Links: Search for Product” or “Browse for Product”
- “Quick Links: Search for Product” allows you to search for a specific product keyword
- “Browse for Product” allows you to search for products via categories like “Video,” “Health & Beauty,” and “Books”
- Once you find a relevant product, click the “Get Link” button
- Customize your link by choosing an add with text and image, text only, image only, or widget
- Depending on the link type, customize background color, title color, and image size.
Preview of the link before adding it to your site
- Copy and paste the link, shortlink, or HTML copy and place it on your site
Your account will be approved for 180 days. During that time, you must make at least one sale, or your account will be closed. You can reapply for the Amazon Associate program after you’ve made certain adjustments to your site.
Amazon Affiliate Quick Links
- The Amazon Marketplace
- Making Money from Home As Amazon Affiliate Quick Overview
- How to Become an Amazon Affiliate. Getting Started Step-by-Step Quick Guide
- Top Ways to Create Amazon Affiliate Links
- How to Set up a Money Making Blog in just 4 Easy Steps
- Best Amazon Affiliate Links Automation Wordpress Plugins
- How to Create a Website in Minutes
- The Money Making Amazon Affiliate Tools & Resources Worth Checking Out